Posted by: Help | 2012-05-30

Insensitive boss

Please advise. I''m 11 weeks pregnant and have really battled with morning sickness! I''ve lost weight due to the vomiting and nausea. There have been about 4 days in the last month where I feel I cannot function. I''ve also been warned that if it continues I might have to go onto a drip! I have taken 4 days sick leave but now my boss wants a note. What does he expect it to say? Pregnant? I was hoping he might understand and that vomiting in my car and at work is not my idea of being productive. Clearly he doesn''t get it. What do I do?

You can consult your doctor for a prescription to combat the extreme nausea. On the sick leave certificate, he/she can write hyperemesis gravidarum. This is a condition during pregnancy, where severe nausea and vomiting occur. You can also try Gaviscon Advanced to alleviate your symptoms. Please remember to stay hydrated.