Question
Posted by: not happy | 2011/03/04

insensitive

I confided in my bf and told him that I take medication for anxiety and if I have a panic attack, I take a tranquilisor. Yesterday I had a really bad day with him and was really upset. So he used this info and said I must take a pill or 6 and calm down. Maybe I should!!!

Its not a nice thing for someone to use their knowlge of your ilnesses or vulnerabilities against you, even in a flippant comment. Maybe the way in which you had your "really bad day" with him was understandably annoying to him, and he thought you needed a pill to cool down a bit ?

5

Posted by: Chicken | 2011/03/04

Nic: do you really think it is verbal abuse? I don''t know... I just think that it is a very immature and insensitive comment to make. Thanx for the interest, though  -)

Nnnnnnnn: no, man! it is totally different - panado for a headache because he is really concerned OR using your " weak point"  against you.

Reply to Chicken
Posted by: Nnnnnnnnn | 2011/03/04

What if you had a headache and he advised a Panado. Sounds like you are being oversensative!

Reply to Nnnnnnnnn
Posted by: Nic | 2011/03/04

Chicken: and you''re still with him? What other verbal abuse do you accept as normal?

Reply to Nic
Posted by: Chicken | 2011/03/04

Sounds like my b/friend - very insensitive indeed.

I must also always pop a happy pill or two. He knows that I am on anti-depressants.

I don''t know what to say.... Hopefully your b/friend stops with this immature comment soon - mine hasn''t - after 4 years and he is still doing it.

Reply to Chicken