Question
Posted by: tania | 2012-04-03

insecurities

i have been in a relationship for 7 months, it is the longest relationship i had in a long long time, he is a very decent man, he understand me, i am very complex. He tolerates all my moodswings. iI am worried that i may lose this man due to my insecuties, the smallest thing can trigger my insecuties, i feel emosionally immature to make this relationship work. Cause he tells me that my behaviour is tyring him. I have been mistreated by many men in the past ,and he understands that ,and i have two boys that are mentally handicapped that also makes me feel more insecure. I really want to learn what i can do not to feel rejected so quickly.

You are wise to recognize that your behaviour may be threatening this relationship, and maybe any relationship, and that these habits of behaviour and thought are worth changing. Personal counselling, preferebly of the CBY ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) variety could help a great deal, as could seeing a sensible couples counsellor together, to work directly, and together, on solving some of these problems together.

1