Question
Posted by: J | 2010/05/17

Insecurities

Hi Doc,

I am massively insecure to the point that my self image is absolutely shocking. It really is terrible and really screws up entire days of my life. I am often convinced I am not good looking enough, not talented enough, not anything enough. It sometimes just takes one innocuous comment or thing to set me off and it all comes crumbling down. How do I stop thinking like this?

Thanks very much,
J

CBT, Cognitive-behaviour Therapy is probably the answer - it's a form o counselling specifically aimed at helping you take control of a process of changing your bad habits of thought and improve self-esteem, etc. The SADAG site ( number on this page )may help you find sopmeone offering this form of treatment

2
Posted by: Bongi | 2010/05/17

Hi J,

I also had huge self-steem problems resulting from these core beliefs of " I am not good enough" . I am now undergoing CBT and it has put such a different perspective to how I view myself. I still don''t believe how well I am doing. It feels like I am having an out-of-body experience looking back to that dark place I was at. I won''t say it works for everyone - but it has done wonders for me.

Reply to Bongi