Question
Posted by: D | 2011/01/24

insecure

Hi. I have this problem when I am in a social situation. When I perceive another girl as prettier or sexier than me (I am pretty &  sexy myself), I completely withdraw and dont say a word the whole evening. I become aloof and obviously not very popular, but the other people dont understand why. How can I change this as I know there will always be someone better than me? I have a boyfriend who loves me to bits and will do anything for me, but this is a problem in my relationship. Thanks.

Why do you see other pretty and sexy women as automatically competitive ? Sounds like there are issues about self-esteem at a broader level, which counselling could realy help. Whether in looks, intellihence, ability to cook or swim, there will ALWAYS be people better than you and people worse than you. The aim should be to compete solely with yourself - to be the very best YOu that you can be. See a counsellor, and you can sort this out, which will be so much happer for you and your boyfriend

5
Posted by: Guest | 2011/01/25

I would say that she needs help. insecurity to that degree must be self destroying. And you must be irritating your partner with your constant need for attention. I know i am insecure (and attractive, pretty, etc. but still insecure) and need constant affirmation. Please see what help you can get or medication - the one who is suffering most if you as its in your head. (and very real in there to you)

Reply to Guest
Posted by: Gracie | 2011/01/25

There will always be someone who is prettier, sexier, richer, thinner, fatter, more clever etc. than you ...get over it ... sounds like you really enjoy being the centre of attention ... looks are not everything sweetheart .... more often than not people are attracted to a person with a pleasant personality ... with your behaviour ... no wonder you are unpopular ... get over yourself ... careful you don''t chase the boyfriend who loves you to bits into another woman''s arms ... a man can only put up with so much sh*t ... sort out your self esteem issues ... you are the problem here ....

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: anon | 2011/01/25

get a life ...............or a mirror

Reply to anon
Posted by: rico | 2011/01/24

i would say that you are vane....(conceited)
if your bf loves you that much why should care about others.....
besides there will always be prettier and sexier women than you.......just deal with it swty

Reply to rico