Posted by: Lisa | 2009-04-19

Insect bite identification please

We went camping by the sea and I was bitten every night by something and not my husband sleeping next to me! I had red bumps all over my body (new ones every day) with a slight redish circle around it and with little puss in the middle of each pump. I tried finding whatever insect it was, but I couldnt. It bit me over and over. It did not itch or burn. I tried searching the net for answers but to no avail. Please help.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

Do you have a photo of your bites - that would be very useful in identifying them. Also if you could say where it was i.e. which beach.

If you still have the bumps I would suggest seeing your doctor or pharmacist about them; if you have any other symptoms like fever (even some time after the bites),or if the bites get infected, then see your doctor right away. Don't scratch the bites and it's a good idea to use a antisecptic lotion, or a cortisone cream, on them (please ask your pharmacist) so that they don't get infected.