Posted by: Hennie | 2009-06-25

Input please.

Hi Doc,

I am afraid but don' t know why...

My story:

When I turned 22 I moved out of my moms house and into my own apartment and my younger brother moved in with me when he finished school.

I am 24 now and this week my brother will be moving into his own place with one of his mates. We never had a father and I always looked after him or so I think...

From what I can gather the main reason he will be moving out is him and his friend will start farming with cattle and they got a piece of land from the friends uncle. I spoke to my brother today and told him he really does not have to move out but can stay here and if he is unhappy in his job he can find something else. Unfortunately he did not study further and he told me theres nothing else he can do.

At the moment (thank you Insomnia), I am really scared/worried of him moving out. I keep thinking will he be able to cope on his own, will this be something that makes him happy and mostly will he be okay.

On the one hand I want to talk to him more about it and make sure he understands what he is getting into but I am afraid I might convince him to stay here and I know he needs to start living on his own.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Have you any clarity as to WHAT it is you are feeling afraid of ? That he will come to grief in some way if he lives beyond your protective wing ? That you will be lonely on your own ( and without someone to care for ? ) Maybe some of both ? Consider getting a new room-mate, and, if practical, a pet --- a cat, perhaps, or a budgie, whatever --- someone who will welcome you back when you return from work.
He will surely be able to visit you at times, and maybe you can also visit him once he is settled in. He is likely to manage well, in part because of the loving care with which you helped to raise him
And Zexeon, blood is not a effective or useful medium for art work. It doesn't mix properly with other media, and changes colour and texture unpredictably, usually ending up looking drab rather than dramatic. Stick to traditional inks and paints.

Posted by: I think | 2009-06-26

Zexeon, you are sick and need help..

Hannie, your brother must be lucky to have someone like you...I think you need to set him free and tell him that your place is his second home, if things get tough he can always come back home..

All the best..

Reply to I think
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-06-25

I' ve nothing that I want to share with nobody except my imagenary ...or God as at least He is real either way I feel like playing around so I' m going to mix blood with computer ink and other substances to get diffrent shade' s and tectures and create something. :-)

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: anon | 2009-06-25

hennie, share your concerns with your brother, be honest and balanced...and dont worry,worrying makes no difference

Reply to anon
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-06-25

Actually I' m a sister, he got moved in with me after we painted his wall black as it would have been the back groud for a space scene so I never got to paint my planet but two of my children' s walls have scenes and my 2nd eldest might paint a wall aswell.

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: Ja | 2009-06-25

What a great boet you are!

Reply to Ja
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-06-25

King Solamon said you must make use of an opportunity if its there or you could enjoy the time alone just for yourself to do as you pleases.

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009-06-25

My brother and I also shared a room and then he went to the army . I often wished he would a-wowl but knew he won' t as he was a sergeant in the army... but we spend time together when he got pas. So he might still visit you and its a oppertunety to make more of your own friends. Why don' t you get another room mate?

Reply to Zexeon