Question
Posted by: janine | 2012/09/05

inofolic sachets

Dear dr I have severe endometrioses and poor egg quality. Been through numerous ivf cycles and my follicles only divide into 2 cells and not further. I''''ve also had a donor egg cycle and manage to fall pregnant but after two weeks miscarried. Could I have miscarried because of the pelvic scarring? I dont really know whether my problem is egg quality or endometrioses. Ive heard of inofolic which increased egg quality. Do you think its feesable for me to try this. I also heard that this let a person loose weight. I''m very petite and cant afford to loose weight.

Dear Janine
Inofolic is of great value to patients with insulin resistance and polycystic ovarian syndrome. There is some evidence that it may improve egg quality but this is not widely accepted at this stage. It is also very unlikely that inofolic may add any value to your endometriosis prognosis. The only suggestion that I have in this situation is to consider the use of norditropin which in recent publications has shown to enhance egg quality in poor responders. You should also seriously investigate the possibility of male factor or sperm related contribution to your poor embryo quality as the failure to divide between two cells may be a sperm related problem.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

3
Posted by: bakhtawar | 2013/06/08

i am unmarried n i want to loose my weight can i use inofolic..???

Reply to bakhtawar
Posted by: fatima | 2012/11/28

asalam, i hv also been advised by my dr to have inofolic ,famicol forte n duphastan........my dr is planning iui for me every time i take injection of hmg massone, ivf.m 150iu but my follicles never grow more than 0.8 cm ...do u think these medicine will be friutful for me

Reply to fatima
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/09/20

Dear Janine
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert