Question
Posted by: Confused | 2010/01/17

Inofolic and ovulation

Hi drs - I' ve been convinced for years that I did not ovulate although my cycles were fairly regular (26-32 days). My FS has found cysts in the past, sometimes after taking clomid, but once on a natural cycle too. I don' t have PCOS (no symptoms)though, but I was diagnosed with endometriosis stage 2. Last year I read about inofolic and that it could help with ovulation. I took it for almost 6 months. Before starting inofolic OPK' s were always negative. After starting it I did ovulate each month, but I' ve stopped it as it is quite expensive and since stopping my OPK' s are negative again. (this month I' m on CD 13 and there was not even a faint line so far) I' m realy confused - could this be correct or am I doing something wrong? Is it even safe for me to take inofolic as I don' t have PCOS?

Dear Confused

There is substantial data available to indicate that Inofolic has a positive effect on ovulation in particular for patients with PCOS. In other patients were there is insulin resistance in the absence of PCOS Inofolic may also have a favourable effect. I would suggest that you use an alternate method of ovulation predication and in particular I would recommend that ultrasound follicle tracking be used as this is the most accurate way of determining ovarian response to a particular ovulation agent.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

9
Posted by: Confused as well | 2015/03/03

Dear Drs I have been diagnosed with PCOS as well as being Insulin Resistant. I have had recurrent miscarriages and unable to carry a fetus to term. Miscarriages were all before 12 weeks. I am again battling to fall pregnant but fell pregnant whilst on Glucophage (which still resulted in a miscarriage). I am getting contradictory views from my gynae and endocrinologist. The gynae states that being on inofolic is enough to ovulate and sustain a pregnancy, my endocrinologist has advised not to go off Glucophage. Can Glucophage and inofolic be taken together? I currently take 2 sachets of inofolic per day and was on 1500mg of Glucophage per day (which I no longer take). thanks

Reply to Confused as well
Posted by: Dnice | 2014/09/25

Hai since i get my period iv never get it every month infact i dont get my period at all bt if i take triphasal i do get it en i went to gynae en he put me on inofolic glucophage en fetomed i want to know if it wil help me coz im desparate to have a child

Reply to Dnice
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/01/17

Good day I am currently on clomid and Glucophage and trying to conceive for 4 years. I have just heard how Inofolic and Staminogro supplements can also help. Would you advise me to take these while taking the above fertility treatment?

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/13

Not sure about the inofolic but staminogro is just vitamins so should be fine

Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/01/17

Posted by: YOYO | 2014/01/09

Where can I buy inofolic within Africa

Reply to YOYO | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/07/13

Most chemists have it, durbell an clicks can order it

Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/01/22

Dear Confused

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: naaz | 2016/04/20

slmz I have been diagnosed with stage 3 pcos / endo and fibroids my test showed that i have hormones of a menopausal women and im only 23yrs old I was advised to have a laproscopy done but i went for a 2nd opinion and the gynae put me on stamingro and inofolic along with my glucophage please help i have an increased apetite and i really don't want to gain more weight because it makes it harder to conceive and I have this fear that I will never be able to have a baby is there any hope im so confused and hopeless