Posted by: addy | 2008-12-04

inner thighs

I excercise daily, but I struggle to firm up my inner and outer thighs. I am 1.63 m and weigh 52 kg' s. I am active in sport and I am 18 years old. What excercise do you suggest. I have a orbitrek machine and a pilates ball. I do not go a gym, but do my excercise at home. Thanx

Hi Addy

Difficult one. It's not an uncommon problem, though, and many people battle with it. The answer is the same all the time- it is a combinatino of cardio training and weight training, not just one. People make a mistake by trying to focus on that one area, when they should be looking at allround exercise first. Now, I'm not sure that it means to be "active in sport", but that's something you might look at. How many days a week? What do you do? You need to aim for 45 minutes a day, on average, and primarily doing cardio training. Things like hockey etc. are good as team sports, otherwise cycling (especially for the thighs) or running might do. I'm just not sure that you're getting enough quality training in on the orbitrek and pilates ball, and I think that might be the problem.

So my advice is to get onto a programme, which you can get from the site, and then click on Programmes, and choose any one of these programmes to follow.