Question
Posted by: Joan | 2009-09-11

INNER EAR ACHE

For the past 3 - 4 years I have sudden, sharp pain in my inner ear. This would normally happen every second or thirs day. This would then be followed by a feeling of having water in the ear. The feeling of having water in the ear continues at night when I' m sleeping and it actually feels as if the water is moving around in my ear while lying down. No dizzy spells or nausea but doctors can never see any infection in the ear yet the feeling persists. Thanks

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Joan

You need to have a full examination of the ear by an ENT to establish whether your ear ache (otalgia), is from the ear, or in fact referred.(from another site) 50% of all otalgia does not originate in the ear and a cause should be searched for elsewhere.

1
Posted by: rahina | 2009-09-14

i was recently diagonosed with an infection in d inner ear and the doctor mentioned autoimmune disease could you please explain this further

Reply to rahina