Posted by: S | 2013-02-06

How do I cut myself off from negative people and situations? My inlaws drain me they are the most negative people you have ever met, I have to deal with a husband with a child, the ex and all the issues that go along with that. I am not a confrontational person, I like peace and happiness, so this situation is making me also be a negative person.. how do I not let that happen, how do I go there while they moan and B& %6 about this and that and not let it affect me???

Its really not compulsory to socialize or waste time with unpleasant people who drain you and make you feel bad. Except that your husband might need to make occasional contact with his ex about important issues concerning the child, neither of you should need to be in contact with her, especially if she's unpleasant about it. Why do you need to "go there" at all ?

Posted by: Wilkcharls | 2013-02-07

I know how you feel, I''am in the same boat married to a woman with three children from two different fathers two boys from the first marriage witch is grow-up one very respectable the other one very rude towards me 29 years old and still stay with us, can say anything what he do or say than I always make up stories towards him I start to hate this marriage that I''am in

Reply to Wilkcharls
Posted by: Nikki | 2013-02-06

This is very difficult as negative people and their comments can rub off onto someone so easily. I work with very negative people and sometimes I feel like going ballistic when they b*tch and moan about everything and everyone! We have to live with so much unhappiness and uncertainty around us each day and being exposed to these type of people make a bad situation even worse.

Reply to Nikki