Question
Posted by: worried married woman | 2012/09/08

injury to uterus and ? ovary

i was suffering from severe dysmennorrhea since i had my 1st menstruational periods, never been preg ever. went to seek medical advice and the gynae did a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, aspiration{ of god knows what, had no cysts!} and a D AND C, by the way i am only 27. surgery done this year june, have not had my period since and not preg. the original gynae did not give me a breakdown of his findings at all. Went to another gynae and she discovered that he scrapped the uterine linings right down to the basalis layer, he bruised my cervix and ? ovary damage. all my hormones are very low. I want kids and do not know what to do??????????? please advise

Dear worried married women
This is a rather complicated situation and would require specific indefinite investigations. It would be prudent to ask your gynaecologist whether he had done any ovarian drilling as this may result in the absence of menstruation but can be reversed in certain instances. As a test one should use the oral contraceptive pill for a month or two to see whether you have a withdrawal bleed on that (or a menstrual bleeding) should you not experience any bleeding on the contraceptive pill, then the possibility of structural damage from the vigorous scraping might well be the cause (Ashermans syndrome). Before starting the pill I would recommend that you repeat your blood screens, including the thyroid as well as prolactin levels, the ovarian hormone levels, just to be certain
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

3
Posted by: worried married woman | 2012/10/16

:-) I finally got my period after taking the ovral for a month, my follicles are even now visible. so i want to know what are the chances of me falling pregnant like, now???????

Reply to worried married woman
Posted by: worried married woman | 2012/09/20

Thanks alot for your help! My new gynae has done my levels and i have started ovral already, I''m hoping i have my menstruational period this month. I would like to know what are my chances of falling pregnant?

Reply to worried married woman
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/09/20

Dear worried married women
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert