Question
Posted by: Sasha | 2010/09/23

Injured upper arm

I was carrying heavy shopping bags yesterday and seem to have injured my arm. If I keep it close to my side or in an L shape close to my body it does not hurt but if I try to move it away it hurts. Can''t really pin point where the pain is except that it is in the upper arm. I don''t think it''s the shoulder. I have been rubbing it with deep heat. What do you think it is and how should I treat it. Should I rest it or try to keep it mobile? Thank you.

Hallo Sasha
You may have hurt the biceps muscle. You can use Deep heat and try taking an anti-inflammatory like Mypaid if you are not allergic to it, but if it does not improve in 1-2 days, let your doctor have a look.

2
Posted by: BMJ | 2010/09/23

Sasha, you may not get an answer soon, but I think you might have dislocated your elbow as it is exactly the same way you discribed pain I had. The little joint just pulled out the socket and looking at it you could not see anything wrong. The dr did a manuvour , it went back in and I was 100% better. Unfortunatly you will need to go to a gp to fx it for you.

Reply to BMJ
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/23

Hallo Sasha