Question
Posted by: Vicky | 2008/10/22

Injured Lymph node

I am 28 years old and I injured a lymph node in my armpit about a year ago, I now have a 3cm, painful, hard lump that get very sensitive and swollen before my menstrual period start, it is very uncomfortable. I have been to two GP'  s and two surgeons, they say that it is not cancerous and I don'  t have anything to worry about, it would be a delicate operation, because it is close to nerves. The last surgeon I went to scheduled an operation, on the form for the medical aid he wrote "  removal of aberrant breast tissue"  my medical aid declined the operation, their reason were that it is not life threatening and the lump do not grow in size. I am trying to fall pregnant and is scared for how sensitive and big the lump will be once my breasts grow in size. Should I see another surgeon? Will it go away in time? Could you give me your opinion please.

This is not a gynae problem so I cannot advise you. In terms of pregnancy, breasts do increase in size and some women do experience breast tenderness, so this may occur.