Question

Injection good or bad?

I am on the pill but i have forgotten to drink it so i am thinking of going onto the injection. are there any negatives when it comes to the injection instead of being on the pill? can i go straight onto the injection as well. I then do not have to worry about forgetting taking the pill. Does the injection affect libido?

Ther are side effects with all contraceptives, though not all women have them. The injection can cause your periods to stay away and some women have irregular periods. Weight gain and water retention can also occur. Most women do not find that their libido is affected.

3
Posted by: Linda | 2009-06-05

seems i have posted this in teh wrong place, apologies

Reply to Linda
Posted by: Linda | 2009-06-05

hi all,

Just a quick question, should you fall pregnant on the pill, woul the pill mask the symptoms of the pregnancy, meaning you would come on as normal?

Also a pregnancy test can be done the day bfore your period? would this pick up say maybe two weeks pregnancy if it were there?

Reply to Linda
Posted by: Kristen | 2009-06-03

Hi i was on depo for 3 1/2 years, enjoyed it i was very carefree especially not having a period. I had no side effects either. The only problem is I' m now trying to conceive and 5 months later still havn' t had a normal period. So if you dont intend on having children any time soon it' s perfect. Get your injection and forget about it until the 3rd month.

Reply to Kristen