Posted by: Unsure | 2008-11-04

Injection and Thrush

I would like to know if being on the injection can cause thrush / discharge changes? I' ve been on the injection for a long time now(4 years) and every time I have the injection, 2 weeks afterwards - I have a slight itching and there are lumps in my normal discharge. This also occurs 2 weeks or so before I am due for my next injection. I' m not sexaully active. Is this an infection? I don' t have any pain or burning on urination. Also I get pians in my abdomen like you would just before you come on. Please help?

It is possible that the hormone changes could predispose to thrush. Thrush would not cause abdominal pain. You would have to see a doctor to find a cause for this.