Question
Posted by: Nicole | 2009-07-13

Injection

I am currently on the 2 month injection and have been on it for 3 years, in the last week i have been feeling not so good, my tummy seems to be swollen(this could also be my imagination) , if i dont eat or even if i do i feel like passing out from hunger and this is not normal for me. My boobs have been a bit tingley and i have done the pregnancy test and it was neg. I was due for the injection on the 15 of june only went the 18 of june next injec is on the 8 of aug . could it be the injection that is now making me feel like this or could i be pregnant. Can you fall pregnant on the injection? I have two kids and i am 34 years old. I am driving myself nuts here. please help. And i do not have a period at all (due to the injection).

Dear Nicole
it is unlikely that you will fall pregnant on the injection. If you are really worried do a blood pregnancy test to make sure. There may be something else wrong- have your blood sugar, your insulin levels and your thyroid hormones tested ( early morning on empty stomach) and let your doctor examine you.