Question
Posted by: Mark | 2010-05-10

Initiation - guilt

I am 14 years old and started at a new high school in January. It is a boarding school, and I am a boarder. My school is a very well-known one, and it is very old, with many traditions. One of the traditions is that the new boys get initiated. My initiation involved something that has been on my mind since it happened because I feel guilty about it. What happened is that ten of the matrics took us 32 new boys one evening into the B Hall and told us to strip naked. Then we had to stand in a circle and wank. Whenever you felt like you needed to cum, then you would raise your hand and one matric would bring a bucket and you would cum into the bucket. The last person to cum would have to drink all the cum in the bucket. Luckily, it wasn''t me, but the guy that did ended up puking. I just feel guilty about the whole experience. I''ve chatted to my friends and they just say it''s what is done and I must just accept it and one day we will repeat it. But I still feel guilty. What should I do?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Mark,

you are right in saying that a lot of schools have initiation traditions but this does not make it ok.

What they did was abusive emotionally, physically and sexually.

You yourself have nothing to feel guilty about, you did not do this willingly and that is why I refer to this as abuse.

I would strongly suggest that you let your parents know about this and what you would like to do about the situation. Do you want your parents to talk to the school about it? Do you want to leave the school? Alternatively you could ask to speak to a therapist in your local area to help you overcome the feelings of guilt.

Initiations are usually an attempt to humiliate people, and also something embarrasing which the people carrying this out hope will be too embarrasing for you to talk about. Whilst you may worry about talking about such an issue it is nothing for you to be ashamed of.

Initiations in many schools and universities have been exposed and stopped. So-called traditions are no excuse for abusive behaviour.

You can reply to this posting if you have any comments or questions about what I have said, and I will see where I can be of assistance to you further.

Above all Mark remember you have done nothing wrong.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010-05-11

Hi Mark,

Reply to Teen expert