Question
Posted by: Naas | 2009/04/02

Ingunial Hernia

Good Day

I recently underwent a Redo- repair Ingunial Hernia for the second time in one year to my right side.What are my chances of having children of my own one day.I am 23 years old.

Dear Naas

I would not know what your chances of having children are. You need to find out if the inguinal hernia repair has caused any potential damages to the sperm transport. To ascertain if there are any problems I suggest that you do a semen analysis and if all the parameters are normal then your chances to conceive would not be effected.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo