Question
Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2012-07-12

Inguinal hernia surgery

Inguinal hernia surgery: how long does it take to heal and for how long will I be out of action

Sorry, but I havent the foggiest idea, as its around 40 years since the last time I operated on someone's hernia - if there isn't a surgeon amongst the H24 experts, try the GP / general doc, who is likely to know this. As far as I know the increasing trend over the years has been to help you to get up and about as soon as possible, rather than sitting around in bed, as they did in the old days.
But if you have a hernia, see at least a GP, and you'll obviously then need to see a surgeon, who can confirm the diagnosis and the best recommended treratment, and can then answer all such questions for you

1