Question
Posted by: Robyn | 2009/11/04

Inguinal Hernia

Hi Doctor
I had an inguinal hernia repair at the end of July, in which a mesh was inserted. I didnt have a full hernia but rather a torn muscle which they repaired in the same way. over 3 months on, the area is still quite numb and sensitive and i have started to experience slight (very slight) pain in the area similar to what i felt prior to the op. Is it normal to take so long to recover from the surgery?

Hallo Robyn
They sometimes need to cut through superficial nerves when doing such operations and this may take a few months to recover. If the area is red, tender to the touch or makes a lump, your doctor needs to have a look.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hallo Robyn
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hallo Robyn
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc