Question
Posted by: DEE | 2009/10/06

INGROWN TOENAIL

DEAR DR PLEASE HELP ME WAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF THIS I CUT ON NAILS INCORRECTLY AND I AM DEVELOPING AN IN GROWN NAIL CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO TO CORRECT AND WHAT CREAMS I CAN PERHAPS GET OVER THE COUNTER TO HELP THANKS

Hallo Dee
One has to let the nails grow slightly longer so that the corner of the nail does not disappear into the skin fold. If you have an acute ingrown nail, use Bactroban ointment until it is healed and then ask your GP to cut the ingrown nail out. If you try to do it while it is infected, the local anaesthetic won't work and it will be too painful.