Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/08/03

Ingrown toe nail

I have a very painful ingrown toe nail. Its been about 5 days now since its started and it doesn' t seem to be getting better. Its red and swollen and is forming a little puss. Should I go to a doctor or should I wait and just keep it clean. I just don' t wana go if there' s no need. Is there anything I can do to make it better?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Anonymous

This is a very simple procedure for a podiatrist, possibly involving a local anaesthetic and removal of the piece of nail that's causing the problem. I suggest going to see a podiatrist, don't leave it too long because they can get quite badly infected.

Chris