Posted by: In Pain | 2012-09-13

Ingrown Pubic Hair

I think I have an ingrown pubic hair on my bakini line on the inside thigh. It is very painful and looks like a very large swollen red blister without a head. Obviously because of the location it is painful to walk as any movement causes pressure. Is there anything that I can do at home to help it heal itself? I tried using a mirror to get a better look but cant use tweezers on the blister - i dont want to do more damage. Would it help if i got an antibiotic cream from the pharm??

You can use an antibiotic cream, like Bactroban but I do suggest that you rather consult your doctor for an examination and drainage of the abscess. You might also need a course of oral antibiotics. Please do not squeeze the abscess.