Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-08

Information needed Please

I am stuck at a cross road and would like some outside objective view of the situation.
I have been thru a rough 3 years in and out of court with a very messy divorce and custody battle. There has been a psychologist involved with this every step of the way both for my self and the kids.
However the psychologist has made some very big mistakes as she has admitted her self and this has affected the way that I trust this person to be able to write the final report in the best interest of the children. (The mistakes have been only listening to one side of the story and having me committed to a clinic as a danger to my self. This was proven untrue and damaged the way many people see me. The last couple of reports have been vindictive and one sided towards the ex and this she has admitted to), Do I just let the report be written or do I start all over again with a new psychologist at great cost.
When do you cut your losses and move on?
Hope you can help

This sounds most alarming. And you say the psychologist has admitted ( to you and/or to others ? ) that she has mis-handled the matter ? It may be that you would be best served by a report from a new psychologist who can fully take into account the errors the previous psychologist has admitted to --- and perhaps also a report from the old psychologst in which she admits these errors and asks the court to take note of these and of her revised opinion.