Posted by: Lexi | 2010-04-23

Info Needed

Could you please advise what the limit - week wise - is to get an abortion is in South Africa - I am getting different answers. I am over twenty weeks but when I went to the clinic at 19 weeks they said it was to late but others are saying private clinics do the proceedure later - do youknow who I can call to find out. I am desperate now.

Unfortunately, the legal cut off date, is twenty weeks. State hospitals prefer to do an abortion before sixteen weeks of pregnancy. Some private clinics will do abortions up to 20 weeks. If you are over twenty weeks, it is not legal to have an abortion.

Posted by: K8 | 2010-04-23

hi lexi my friend had the same problem its is 19weeks clinics that do it there after are illigal. what i would suggest if it is to late to give the baby up for adoption.

Reply to K8