Question
Posted by: Worried | 2009-08-04

Influenza not getting better

Last week Monday I started feeling very sick. Sore throat, cough, muscle pain etc. I went to the doctor on Wednesday ( could not go on Tuesday as I could not wake up!) So the doc said I have bad flu, she prescribed TAMIFLU and Locabiotal as well as pain meds and ACC. I have completed the Tamiflu course and am back at work today. The problem is I am still feeling ill  my throat feels raw - I can hardly swallow. Also, it feels like I have ear infection too and my cough is not getting better either. The doc did not prescribe something for the sore throat, what can I use? ( its quite deep down in the throat so strepsils and the green stuff that you gargle with just don' t help)
Should I perhaps go back to the doc?

Dear Worried
You may have a secondary bacterial infection and you may need antibiotics - rather see your doctor again for a follow up examination