Posted by: Helen | 2013-01-22

Inflammation under the eye

Please help me. I have developed a ''bubble'' under my eye almost on my cheekbone. My cheekbone also becomes swollen and slightly decreases and then becomes swollen etc. throughout the day. Is this inflammation or is this sinus-related? It''s causing me distress and discomfort and is unsightly. Would myprodol help or what could I apply to this area? I''ve had this for about 4 months.

This is a chronic swelling of the soft tissue below the eye and it is more likely to be a cyst. It is too long to be just due to inflammation and I doubt that Myprodol will make a difference. Rather consult your doctor for an examination.

Posted by: Helen | 2013-01-24

Dear doctor

Thank you for your reply. Could you please help me further and tell me how a cyst develops under the eye and if there is another cure/solution other than surgery. My doctor insists that with time it will disappear.

Reply to Helen