Question

Inflammation of the skin (face)

The skin on my cheeks (just below my eyes) gets inflamed during the day. And I usually get pimples in this area. The pimples are quite large, and generally below the skin's surface. Is there something that I am allergic to maybe?
This occurs even when I don't use make-up. In the mornings my skin is ok, but as the day prgresses, it get's worse.

What can i do about this problem.

Dear Anon
If it comes and goes it may well be an allergic reaction. Try taking Loratidine 1 at night and see if this gets better? Otherwise ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist?

1
Posted by: Jan | 2008/06/19

This sounds like Rosacea to me. As the Doc suggested a referral to a dermatologist seems sensible. There are topicals that will be effective. Also, do not scrub your skin...use a gentle cleanser and tepid water--not hot or cold. Also pat skin dry, don't rub.

There are many triggers for Rosacea including heat, cold, spicy foods, sunshine among others.

Good luck.

Reply to Jan