Question
Posted by: Frustrated | 2011/04/19

Inflammation of feet

Hi there,

I hope that you can assist me with this matter. For the past few months I have been suffering with inflammations of the feet, they occur mainly on the side and bottom of the feet near the heel area. The skin becomes red, hot and swollen to the point that I limp. It normally only affects one foot at a time, but does also affect them both at once. Normally it lasts for around 24hrs and then the pain subsides, but unfortunately this didn''t happen this time. This developed yesterday and is still excruciating as when it first started. This morning my foot went numb and had pins and needles up to my knee area. Strangely my thunb was also affected this time, but seems to have subsided already. I know this sounds very strange, but is very frustrating and painful.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hallo Frustrated
This could be inflammation of the soft tissue of the feet caused by high uric acid, infection via cracks of the heels, diabetes, plantar fasciitis or fungal infection. The best thing to do is to let a doctor have a look to make a proper diagnosis in order to prescribe the right medication or refer you to a specialist for further tests (x/rays, blood tests or scans)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/19

Hallo Frustrated