Question
Posted by: Mel | 2010/04/06

inflammation in foot

I have what I assume is inflammation in my right foot, feels as if the nerve is exposed (feels same as toothache nerve) If i keep my foot in air (as did whole weekend) much better but driving hour to work has made worse, foot is slightly swollen again and slightly red! I have been putting on anti-inflammatory gel and drinking pain pills, what more should I do as I cannot wear closed shoes at all and even my pants bottom rubbing against it is sensitive?

Mel

It is possible that you are experiencing the symptoms of a gout attack and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests and if necessary, an x-ray of your foot. The doctor will start you on treatment, depending on your diagnosis.