Question
Posted by: Jack | 2012-08-27

Inflammation in finger

I need some info with regards to swelling of a part of my ring finger on my right hand ..... the swelling started about 3 weeks ago it was fine i didn''t have much pain, so after 2 weeks i went to the doctor and he put me on a course of antibiotics and some Dicoflam ... this did reduce the swelling on the finger but not completely.

Do i revisit the Doc to have a look or do i give this finger some time to heal it''s not painfull not is it stiff, the swelling is basically on the side of the finger between the 2 joints.

Jack

You can reconsult your doctor for an examination. It is possible that your doctor might have to refer you for an x-ray, to determine the cause for the swelling. As you have no pain, it is unlikely that you have arthritis or infection. Trauma of the tendon can be the cause of the swelling or an abnormal boney growth can be the cause.