Posted by: Tebogo | 2011-11-01

Inflammation and pain

Hi, I have been suffering from pain and inflammation (like my muscles or blood was on fire) in my lower left leg and left arm. The pain is quite deep in my muscles or bones and it seems like it is travelling up and down my leg / arm, especially when I am sleeping or sitting down. I am taking my mom''s prednizone tablets and the pain has subsided but after 4 hours it comes back again. My mom has arthritis.
What can be the cause of this?
Which specialist doctor can I go to as I doubt a GP can diagnose it?

I suggest that you consult a neurologist for an examination and special investigations. Your pain can be caused due to inflammation of the skin, soft tissue, nerves or poor blood circulation. A condition like Multiple sclerosis also have to be excluded, as it can be a cause of your symptoms, only affecting one side of your body.