Posted by: koko | 2010-01-29

Inflammation and ageing

Hi To the Expert

i was just wondering if someone has Multiple Sclerosis which as we know is a burst of inflammation from an auto immune reaction does this mean that these people will age or look older than they would of if they did not have MS? or compared to people without MS of same age? i have read that inflammation causes aging so i guess i am trying to understand what that means for sum1 with MS? if so what supplements and procedures can i take at 35 yrs to slow down the process even if nt because of MS.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Koko, thank you for the question.

I am unaware of any direct link between MS and increased ageing and I cannot find any information on PubMed (online scientific database) that links these two.

One of the contributing factors to skin ageing is an inflammatory response and according to Dr Perricone one should use both topical products and eat a diet that is high in anti-oxidants.

Of vital importance is to use a good SPF (50 or higher) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide.