Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/06

Q.

Inflamed vertebrae

I was told by my doctor that i had inflamed vertebrae in my neck, causing my muscles to spasm. he said I should get some voltaren pills to reduce inflammation then go to the physiotherapist. It ended up improving and I did not take the tablets, although now 2 weeks later it is worse than ever and the pain is further down my neck towards my spine. I am taking the pills now but I was told I shoud see a chiropractor.
What will a physiotherapist do and what does the chiropractor do?
I sit at a computer for 7hours a day and I think that is what is causing the pain. My back &  shoulder muscles are constantly sore nowdays as well as the sore neck/spine

Expert's Reply

A.

Dear Anonymous
A physiotherapist works with muscles and soft tissues, using massage and increasing the blood flow through inflamed areas by using infrared, ultrasound and other modalities. They can also assist with muscle relaxation and treatment of spasms and trigger points. They will also be able to give you some exercises to do to relieve the spasm. Chiropractors improve neurological function by aligning (manipulating) the spine and joints.

2
user comments

C.

Posted by: Sofie | 2013/04/04

I just saw my doc about acute vertigo and i have very sore neck. She says my neck vertebrae are inflamed. Gave me long list of meds, antiinflammatory, painkiller, triazepams... No pysio or chiropractors...

Reply to Sofie
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/26

I have had neck pain for the last five months or so, it seems to originate from the spinal area and goes into the muscles. Is this normal or should I go and see my doctor? Its really starting to worry me, every now and then if i move my neck i hear a slight cracking noise

Want to comment?