Posted by: Lisa | 2012-03-08

inflamed gland in groin

I have had a lump in my groin for a number of months now. Home remedies made the matter worse, I went to the doctor a month ago. He gave me antibiotics to clear the infection, but it had no effect what so ever. I went back a week ago to have it removed in the surgery, but apparently the only thing that was removed was an abses which formed. It has totally drained now, I came to work today for the first time without a plaster, and I am back to square one. The lump is the same size and just as tender as before. What should I do?

You will have to consult a general surgeon to have the lump removed. If it is an inflamed lymph node, the doctor will sent it away to have a hystological diagnosis made. Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.