Posted by: Concerned | 2011-05-23

inflamations of feet and Knees

Good day,

I have beem experiencing very strange symptoms and am not too sure what to think of this. For the past few months I have been experiencing very painful and swollen feet and knees, this also often affects my hip to the point that it feel the hip is out of it''s joint. This will start suddenly, whether I am sitting all day or walking around and will last about 24hrs. The area becomes red, swollen and extremely hot to touch, the area becomes so painful that even putting my foot into the bath water hurts. It affect both sides and is very random. It will go from the toe area to the heel, ankle, knee, hip and so on and so forth, constantly moving around. My knees and hip seem to have started on a more regular basis than before.I am not sure what to think of all this and it''s becoming very frustrating as I''ll end up limping around all the time and it''s not from any injuries whatsoever. Please could you advise as I am desperate.

thank you

It is important to consult your doctor for an examination and clear diagnosis. The swelling can be due to poor blood circulation. The chronic hip pain can be due to an inflammatory process.

Your doctor will have to investigate your complaints in order to make a diagnosis.