Question
Posted by: Loutjie | 2011/03/18

inflamation of ribcage

Good afternoon

I have one question my gp thought i had a ulcer and send me for a gastroscopy but my stomach was fine the surgeon think i had deverticilitus but my gp said no.When he examined me again he found that my whole ribcage is sore and said i have inflamation in my ribcage.I just want to know what is the cause of it.My gp put me on celebrex for the inflamation and a spray that i have to spray on my ribs.

Loutjie

The causes for inflammation of the ribcage could be trauma, infection (viral or bacterial), arthritis or underlying lung pathology. Ask your doctor to do further tests to determine the cause for teh inflammation.