Question
Posted by: Jenny Parr | 2010/09/22

Infidelity

My husband and I have been unfaithful to each other. Circumstances have forced us to come clean with each other. We have pledged honesty and faithfulness from now on. He doesnt question me at all about the affair. I have the desire to question him all the time. Is this normal. Will I get over it. I desperately want to put all this ugliness away forever.Please help!

So you each needed to be "forced" to come clean ? If you want to properly tidy up these episodes, you really should consider marriage counselling, with the pair of you working with a proper expert.

4
Posted by: Jenny Parr | 2010/09/24

We''re both 39 yrs old , have been married for 13 yrs this year and started our relationship 18 yrs ago. Our only child is 8 yrs old. Yes, we would never have opened up to each other had it not been for the affair/ one night stand he recently had. Personally, I don''t believe I cheated on him. My affair happened during one of the episodes where he packed his bags and went back to his family for the umpteenth time because he had been gambling and losing his money. I so desperately needed to feel loved. Rejection over and over again by the one I truly loved left me distraught. I found comfort in the other man''s arms, but my love for my husband never waivered.

Reply to Jenny Parr
Posted by: Chris | 2010/09/22

Forgiving each other is a huge step forward but to forgive is one thing and to forget is another thing. How old are you and how long have you been married? Councelling is a must to get over everything and to carry on with your lives.

Reply to Chris
Posted by: me | 2010/09/22

you cannot brush such under the carpet and expect them to go away, you need counselling.

good luck

Reply to me