Posted by: docky | 2009-07-08

infertility screening blood test

hi doc!
would u pls explain this results for me as i dnt understand anythin.

thank u in advance.

Results FSH 12.10
Results LH 7.24

mid follicullar phase 0.96-2.77
mid leuteal phase 15.9-57.5
post menopausal 0.24-2.48

Dear Docky

The answer to this question will depend on the stage at which these blood tests were taken. However the elevated FSH level is an indication of either decreased ovarian reserve or increased ovarian resistance. In either case this may result in ovulatory problems and will require aggressive ovulation induction. Despite this there is no guarantee that the quality of eggs produced following such stimulation will be of sufficiently good quality to guarantee a pregnancy. Further blood tests as well as ultra sound scanning would be valuable in establishing the extent of the ovarian problem.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim