Question
Posted by: mimi | 2009-01-13

infertility problem

i went to consultant a Dr because i' ve been having problems getting pregnant ,he discoverd that my womb is facing down and said iti s going to be difficult for me to have a baby, is that true? if not where can i be treated, im so worried and unhappy about this.

Dear Mimi

If a uterus is facing backwards or down, the term for that is called a retroverted uterus. A retroverted uterus is found in approximately 5-10% of patients without any problems. If this is the case then you should not have any problems trying falling pregnant due to this retroverted uterus. However, if your uterus is being pulled backward due to adhesions, which can be caused by a condition called endometriosis, then in this case it does influence your chances of falling pregnant. This however, can also be treated by a gynaecologist or a fertility specialist. So the first thing you need to find out is, if the uterus that is pointing downwards or retroverted is just a normal phenomenon or if it is being caused by a specific condition and then treatment will be appropriate to that condition.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo

1
Posted by: chin4477 | 2009-01-14

hello there i try to get pregant three years now and it is not workin and i do all tests possible please give me some advise

Reply to chin4477