Question
Posted by: Loyiso | 2013-01-23

infertility

My wife and i have been trying to have a baby since 2011 and nothing happens. We have even try to use the ovulation as a method but she can''t conceive. The fertility clinic in PE suggested to do the sperm count test. The problem i am having is that i can''t collect the sperm through the masterbation...there''s just nothing coming out. I have tried to collect the sperm using the condom i got from them 5 times with no success. i find it very dry and i struggle to roll it up my penis. My penis either goes limp during that struggle of putting it on or if i manage to put it on, my penis is not hard enough and then it breaks.
Is there any other method of collecting the sperm other than this one. My wife is already affected by being not able to conceive for this long time. I am 47 years of age.

Dear loyiso
The collection of sperm can be quite difficult in your case. The next thing I suggest you try is to start having intercourse in the morning and just before ejaculation is about to take place remove the penis and ejaculate into a bottle. This can be helpful as a means of collecting sperm. If however this is still not possible then a post coitus test will need to be done. This simply means that after intercourse with your wife she will need to go through to the fertility clinic and sperms in the vagina can be assessed. However this is not ideal it is still helpful in ascertaining the problem or not.
Answered by Dr Y.M.Dasoo

2
Posted by: Lynette | 2013-02-05

Me and my husband we been trying to have a baby to 9 years .had Laparoscopy.Dr said my fibiod tubes are blocked.And he did an operation and he he said I have an inflamation in my tube my eggs I fine

Reply to Lynette
Posted by: Lynette | 2013-02-05

I have. Inflamation in my tube

Reply to Lynette