Posted by: Loyiso | 2011-11-08

Me and my fiance have been trying to have a baby for more than a year now. I have been advised to do the sperm analysis. I am told by the lab people in hospital that the sperm should be obtained via masturbation only, ejaculating in a container. The problem i am having is that i don''''t ejaculate when i masturbate. It takes me a long time to ejaculate even when i am having sex. So this masturbating and ejaculating in a container does not work for me. I am stressing a lot. Could this be related to it?

I was told that other forms of obtaining sperms are painful. What advice can you give me as i am really keen to find out if my sperms are healthy to make babies?

If you are unable to ejaculate while masturbating, you should consider another form of collecting your sperm. Other forms include vibration therapy, electrical stimulation, as well as surgical retrieval of sperm. If indeed possible, you should try masturbation with visual aids (porn), in order to collect your sperm.