Question
Posted by: Loyiso | 2011-11-03

Infertility

Me and my fiance have been trying to have a baby for more than a year. I have been advised to do the sperm analysis. I am told by the lab people in hospital that the sperm should be obtained my masturbation only, ejaculating in a container. The problem i am having is that i don''t ejaculate when i masturbate. It takes me a long time to ejaculate even when i am having sex. So this masturbating and ejaculating in a container does not work for me. I am stressing a lot. Could this be related to it?

I was told that other forms of obtaining sperms are painful. What advice can you give me as i am really keen to find out if my sperms are healthy to make babies?

Dear Loyiso

The use of a special spermicidal-free condom can be used with normal intercourse to obtain a sample. The condom is carefully removed post ejaculation and placed in a sterile container and handed over to the laboratory. The condom can be purchased at your nearest fertility centre.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-11-08

Dear Loyiso

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert