Question
Posted by: Hesme | 2009-03-29

Infertility

I have one child and have been trying for six years to fall pregnant again. I' ve been to a number of fertility doctors who did not really find anyting wrong with mee. I was diagnosed with level 1- 2 endometriosis and pcos. I' ve used clomid and glucophage for a long period of time but it didn' t help. I went to a doctor 7 months ago who conducted several blood tests. She found that the ratio between my estrogen and progestorone are at fault. My andrenal glands and thyroid also showed irregularity. What can be the cause of all of this? I fell pregnant with my first chil within 3 months. Could it be the Marina - loop? After I had that inserted I started with weight gain and irregular periods. My longest cycle has been 70 days. At present I am on a 49 day cycle. I am using : eltroxin, Dhea (solal) and burn out (solal) for my adrenal glands. Help me, I don' t know what to do anymore!!

You say that the doctors have found nothing wrong, but endometriosis and PCOS are both problems which cause infertility. I would need to know whether the Clomid succeeded in getting you to ovulate or not. If not, the next step might be injections. IVF is also an option. Neither of these conditions is caused by the Mirena. It is usually best to stick to the same doctor, rather than shopping around, as they would usually have a step-wise plan, i.e. if option A does not work, go to option B, etc.