Posted by: GAVIN | 2008-12-10

When I was about 12 my one testicle was abnormally swollen one morning. Dr then said to me that the chances of having children one day will be ZERO. I am now 33 and went for test last year and the Dr said that my sperm count is very very low and that i am actually infertile. I also smoke about 20 cigarettes a day can this also affect my sperm count. Now the problem is that my wife has fallen pregnant could it be " luck"  or am i to question this pregnancy?

Please advise.

Dear Gavin
Even with a low spermcount you can make your wife pregnant. If you are unsure that this is your child, you can always do a paternity test when the baby is born.

Posted by: Tasja | 2008-12-10

Jip,i agree with Lala.My husband`s 1 testicle did not descend(went down to his sac)when he was born.When he went for a sperm test when we got married,the uroligist and fertility specialist told us that he has a very low sperm count,and the few he did have were mostly abnormal and the chances of us getting pregnant by our self`s are practically zero.We had to go for ICSI,but i found out i was pregnant 5 days before we had to go for the procedure!He also smoked a lot.Second baby was also conceived natyrally.Niracles do happen.While your sperm count is low,please remember it only takes 1 sperm to get your wife pregnant!

Reply to Tasja
Posted by: Lala | 2008-12-10

You don' t have to question this pregnancy. We were told that we will never be able to have a child of our own because of my husbands very very low sperm count. Today we have a beautiful daughter. Sad thing is that there is people with the same problem that will never have a child of their own. I still believe it is a gift from God. Enjoy and spoil your wife. Good luck!

Reply to Lala