Question
Posted by: mina | 2011-04-19

infertiliteit

Hoe hanteer met die situasie oor infertiliteit. Ek sal nooit ''n kind van my eie he nie. Mense dink dit is maar net iets wat mens moet oorkom. ek kan nie dink by die werk nie, ek wil net weghardloop. (weet net nie waarheen nie). Ek is besig om my vriende te verloor, want almal het kinders en op die oomblik kan ek dit nie vat dat almal spog oor hulle kiddies nie. Dit voel of ek van my kop gaan raak. Kom mens ooit oor die seer en hartseer?

People are so brave about OTHER people's problems, aren't they ? When the problem isn't happening to them they so often don't see why it so troubles us.
It sounds as though you have only fairly recently been told, presumably by a gynae, that for some medical reason you won't be able to conceive or carry a baby ? What you seem to be describing sounds like a form of grief reaction, because you have lost something that was dear to you. And counseling would be a really good idea, to help you to adjust to this new situation, and find other ways to use and fulfil your love.
Anyone, whether or not they have children themselves, who becomes any the less a friend of yours because of this, is a rotten person who was never a real friend. You WILL be able to get over this and find other ways to be happy.

1