Question
Posted by: Jana | 2010/09/14

infertile or Pre menopausal ?

Hi , i Am 33 and have 2 kids . We are trying for nr 3 buyt it has been 16 months already and no Results......6 months on clomid was Horrific! I have gained about 6.5 Kg in the last 9 Monhts and are Constantly tired and suffer from headaches. My Cycles are so unpredictable.....one month 28 days , other months 26 and other months 30 days ...... I Really Would Love to Fall Pregnant 1 last time ....... If Not , i need To Sort This Hormone imbalance out ..... what am I To Do Next ??

thaNK yOU

Dear Jana

I am not entirely sure if you do have a hormonal imbalance because having a cycle between 26-30 days is quite normal and may not necessarily indicate a hormonal imbalance, an anovulatory problem or an inability to conceive. Your best option is to see if there are any other factors that may be contributing to your difficulty this time around in not achieving a pregnancy so quickly. This would include assessing your husbands’ sperms, secondly to assess if your fallopian tubes are patent and there are no other uterine abnormalities present and lastly a full hormonal screen would need to be done.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/09/21

Dear Jana

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Amy | 2010/09/16

I''m sitting with exactly the same problem.

I have 2 kids aged 12 and 10 yrs, and my husband and I really want to try for a " laat lammetjie" , but it''s not happening!! My cycle too is different. Some months it''s 28 days, some months 30 days, some months even 32 days.
I''ve been trying for 3 years now!
I''ve been on 3 cycles of Fertomid, still nothing. The first baby was a big surprise and shock, and the 2nd one planned. Never thought I''d battle this time round. I''m 34 years old.

Reply to Amy