Question
Posted by: nicky - from post 844 | 2011/10/22

inferiority complex

hi CS

Thank u for taking yr time 2 read my post and 4 yr kind words of advice.

The state hospitals conditions and services, as im sure u know, in south africa, r shocking. I cant get any professional help from there unless i wait a long waiting list of bout 6 months. I suffered compressed fractures, when falling on my back due to my nervous brkdwn and had 2 wait bout 5 mnths b4 i cud c a neurolgist. Its a nightmare. I cant afford 2 even c a chiro 4 my back.

They say ones more likely 2 hav anothr brkdwn after 1st. Well, u wont bliev what hap 2 me bout 3 wks ago when i los touch with reality and i walked the streets at night all alone and was lucky enough 2 hav 2 cops finding me an bringing me back home... I don kno what possessed me 2 do that. Its all stress im sure...

Anyway, i feel im 44, even tho i still look good 4 my age, and even tho im a loner, im very lonely and the good men seem 2 hav left the country. Ive no kids and internet dating is bit dodGy. Ive also bcome very shy and i jus don wan grow old alone. Ive alot o fears 4 my future.

End of this week I'm due to attend a pychopharamcology conference in Cape Town, and will try to raise this issue with some of the shrinks from those hospitals. And see what they can say. Of course it's ridiculous to allow such delay in urgent matters - its like requiring someone with a heart attack to make an appointment to come in 6 months to be seen.
Try to find pleasant and safe ways to meet people NOT about dating, such as sharing work for charities, NGO,s hobbies, whatever - to get comfortable meeting people who don't meet you as someone they might fear to be too needy, and maybe find one or two worth making friends. I fel many people place so much emphasis on finding a lover, they lose opportunities to make friends, who may be much more valuable in the long run.

1